Friday 14 June 2013

12 Points Profit

I was short for time today, which usually means I don't trade, but I took a quick trade and made 12 points profit.  There was News at 2.55pm and the market rose rapidly.  I watched this happening until eventually some weakness appeared in several of the timeframes.  The chart below is the 10 minute, but weakness also appeared on the 15 and 20 minute charts.  The signal on this chart, at Point A, says supply coming in.  The reason for this is because we have had an up-move and eventually, at Point A, the volume has increased and it has closed off the high.  However, this is not enough evidence for us to go short (sell).  We need to see confirmation that there is weakness.  Of course, yes, as is the case, the market falls quite a bit, and I am watching it, but I do not get in.  I wait for confirmation which I see on the 5 minute chart.  See the chart below this one.

On the 5 minute chart at Point A we have no demand (no interest in higher prices).  This alone is not enough for us to enter the market, but coupled with the weakness that has also appeared at this point on the larger timeframes, it alerts us to a possible trade.  The market then falls (confirming the no demand), then at Point B we have another no demand - confirmation.  This is my point to go short.  I took my profit thank you very much.

I have had a very good week again and my aim next is to stay in my trades longer and really rocket the profits.  However, caution is required.  I have found what works, I'm building my account steadily, so there's a little voice in my head telling me "if you've found something that works, why change it?"  So I'm considering carrying on as I am and investing more in each trade for higher gains.  Will meditate on it!





















No comments:

Post a Comment