Monday 26 November 2012

Frustrating

Today I took no trades.  I have to go out in a minute.  But 10 minutes before the market open I saw a lovely set-up, but because it was so close to market open I did not take it.  See chart below.  At Point A we have a sign of weakness - possible supply coming in, seen by the higher volume (it appears low, but remember this is Globex trading - out of hours trading - so the volume will be low compared to trading hours) - but we still have a sign of weakness.  At Point B we see that area tested, on low volume (volume less than the previous two bars).  This is no demand.  You can see the reaction to the no demand bar - a lovely down-bar.  If I'd taken this trade I would have done very well.

Trading can be frustrating at time.  We hesitate and miss trades.  But it's important to stick to your trading plan, that you know is reliable.


1 comment:

  1. If you took the trade at B you'd have to enter before the no demand is confirmed by the following down bar?

    ReplyDelete