Thursday 20 December 2012

Beware the News

ALWAYS check when the News items are coming out.  You can do this by going to www.forexfactory.com and generally only take notice of the News items that have a high impact (coloured red).  I made the mistake today of not checking the News.  Take a look at the 10 minute chart of the Dow Jones below.  At Point A I went short (an upthrust).  However, at Point B the market turns around and we have what looks like a test/shakeout, so I get out.  The market then falls, to my annoyance, but on seeing the turn around at Point C (a down-bar, low volume, closing in the middle), I go long (buy), and make back my losses.  So ..... break even today too!

I then (obviously too late) checked the News, and there was News came out at 3pm - hence the confused signals.  If I had known News was coming out I would have been wary, and probably not entered the market until seeing a principle as a reaction to the News coming out - hence I would have saved myself the hassle.


No comments:

Post a Comment