Wednesday 27 March 2013

11 Points Profit Today

Today was a classic example of where fear can paralyse.  However I did eventually go long in the market, having watched it go up a fair way already.  I took 11 points, but happy with that.  Below is a 10 minute chart of the Dow Jones.  At Point A we see a shakeout - a lovely sign of strength.  I would normally go long on a shakeout but this was at the market open so I was cautious - only to watch the market ascend.  Point B is (in hindsight) no supply, but I'm never confident with these bars that have wide spreads down, closing on the low.  I would have preferred a narrow bar, closing on the low, with low volume.  At Point C I saw a test in a rising market, and a clear sign of strength.  This was also visible in the 5 minute chart (which I have posted below the 10 minute chart) at Point A.  I went long at this point and took 11 points profit as I saw the price approaching a resistance level (marked Point D on the 10 minute chart).  At the time of writing the market has since gone sideways for a long time, and at this point (6pm) has just penetrated that resistance level.  So for my own confidence (and time!) I was right to exit at this point.















No comments:

Post a Comment