Thursday 21 March 2013

Back to it gently

Finally ........ back to trading, after quite a long break, although I haven't been far away, and have been following what has been happening in the markets, but have been very busy with other commitments that have required time and focus.  Trading in itself takes time and focus and if you haven't got that time then don't do it.  It's really easy to lose money if you are not concentrating.

Today I took 12 points profit but happy with that as I'm just getting back into it.  There is a 5 minute chart of the Dow Jones below.  Upon the market open the price fell and, on the larger (1 and 2 hour) timeframes it was clear some buying had come in, ie. high volume on down-bars.  The market responded upwards.  Upon seeing the turn around I was looking out for some confirmation, ie. a test or no supply, to enter.  This I found on the 5 minute chart at Point A.  I stayed with it until Point B at which point I exited the trade.  My reason for this was that to the left there was a possible area of resistance, and with it being my first trade I wanted to get out with a profit in order to be in the right frame of mind for tomorrow and beyond.  Of course, the market later continued up.  BUT ..... we do not kick ourselves upon discovering this - we are happy with our profit.  We know that with time and continued consistent success we will have confidence to stay in and take greater profits.  It is CONSISTENCY that is the winning word in trading.  All the losers win, lose, win, lose, win, lose.  The winners WIN, but CONSISTENTLY.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Rita,

    Glad to hear you are back to trading again. Just a curious question. May I ask why you choose to pick the signal at A, and not the one before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edmond,

    I assume you mean the test-looking bar two bars before? The volume on that bar is not less than the previous two bars (ie. coloured pink). The volume is quite low, but not low enough for me to be confident! Of course it would have been great to get in on the shakeout at the bottom, but I do like to see confirmation that the market is bullish.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete